Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

How I found my soulmate

Hey, Jess here!

At first I wanted to say that I decided that I won't be posting everyday anymore. Don't get me wrong, I really like doing this, but I'm not satisfied with what I post. It became more important to post daily than to post something good. I can't say how often I will be posting. I just want to write things and be able to like the result myself. I just think quality is more important than quantity. 

In quite a lot of my articles, I have mentioned my boyfriend. I've chosen not to reveal his name, because I don't know if he would be fine with that, so I'll just keep calling him 'my boyfriend (which he is, so I don't see the problem).

Right now I am 22 years old and so is he, for now. He is half a year older than me, so he'll be23 years old before me, haha. Pretty soon we will celebrate that we've been together for two and a half years. Woohoo! So this means we started dating when I was almost 20 years old (A little less than three months before my birthday actually. And this may sound a little sad, but he is my first boyfriend ever. But how we got together isn't the simplest story to be honest.

At first he was just some boy in my new class (I just got into a new school back then) and since I'm an introvert, I didn't really went up to people to talk to them. My classmates were really awesome people by the way, so it didn't take that long or I had some new friends, but that's not the point here, haha. At that time, things were not that great for me. I don't like going into detail, but I had trouble with my parents, I had lost a person and someone I trusted and liked was doing terrible things to me and I ended up depressed. But because of my classmates I actually liked going to school. That's something that had never happened before!

At some point during that first year at that school, we had a project for which we went to a zoo every Monday for quite some weeks. The first Monday we went, we were all together as a group, trying to do the assignments. But it didn't take long or people started to form smaller groups and went their own ways. I was with a girl and we noticed that one guy was left behind, so we waited for him. Apparently he hadn't noticed everyone went on, because he was so focused on the assignment, but he was glad that we had waited for him. We then spent the rest of the day with just the three of us, walking through the zoo.

During that day, something really special happened. Usually when I'm with new people, I constantly over think what I should and shouldn't say. But with him (and the girl) I felt immediately at ease and things went all naturally. I quickly found out that he and I had entirely the same humour and so almost all those Mondays were filled with laughter.
 But then at some point, that girl stopped coming to school entirely. No one had heard anything and no one could reach her. Because of this, it was just me and that guy at the zoo from that moment on. As pessimistic as I was, I thought he would want to add up to another group instead of being with just me. But no! we spent all those Mondays together and apparently it didn't take long for our classmates to think we were a couple (which we weren't).

Then, at some point, we had a vacation of two weeks in which some terrible things happened to me. Because of this, I was mentally not able to finish some assignments we were supposed to do during those two weeks. The Monday after, we were still going to the zoo. And when I tried to explain to the teacher who was with us why I hadn't finished it, I couldn't hold back the tears anymore. Of course I was very embarrassed, but that guy was so sweet to me. Later that day, we talked a little and I tried to tell him that things weren't so great, without actually telling what was going on. I just couldn't do that.

But we didn't only spent time together in the zoo. (Yeah, we were classmates, but I'm not talking about all the time at school.) I really can't remember exactly, I only know it was during the winter, but we went to the cinema together. Because we live pretty far apart, we chose a place approximately in the middle. We really had a lot of fun that evening and we even held hands for a while. This was actually because there was ice on the road at some place (that's how I'm sure it was winter) and balance isn't very good. But that doesn't mean I didn't like it, haha! But at the end we both had to go home of course. Because my train was going to depart earlier than his, he walked me to the platform. Before I got on the train, we hugged. But right after we hugged, he looked at me in a certain way and I really thought he was going to kiss me. Part of me would have really liked and part of me was scared, because (I thought!) I liked someone else and also because I wouldn't have known what to do or say afterwards. Eventually, we didn't kiss and I got into the train.

Another time, in the evening after a schoolday, we were texting. He told me he was going to the cinema with one of his friends and he said that I should come too. He also said that he had an extra mattress, so I could stay at his place. Despite that my brain said that wasn't smart, I listened to my heart and got on the train. After the movie we went to his place and as promised, there was a mattress and we placed it beside his bed. Before we were going to sleep, we were talking for a while. I don't really remember our conversation, but it must have been good. Because right before turning of the lights, he climbed out of bed, kissed me on the cheek and told me he liked me. After that, sleeping was a little difficult because of the butterflies.

And then we started dating, right? Wrong! It still took like a week after that for us to become a couple. I still had some trouble with another guy (remember that one who did terrible things to me? Yep, that one). But when I finally chose for myself, I got into the greatest relationship I can imagine.
Not long after we started dating, I gradually told my boyfriend about all that had happened to me. And instead of leaving me (what I expected), he told me he would make up for it all. Then I realised something I should have sooner; I love that guy. (It really took me a while to say it to him.)
And now, almost two and a half year later, I still love him more than I can ever put into words. Sometimes I even think we're the perfect couple. But that's a story for different time.

To be continued...

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

"Assassin's Creed; The Secret Crusade" Book review

Hey, Jess here! Me, a huge fan of the Assassins Creed game series, is also a hug fan of the Assassins Creed book series. What a coincidence! No, not really, haha. I can't remember when I discovered the books, but I'm definitely sure that I did. Though there is a little catch. Not all the books have been written according to the chronological order from the games. This won't be a problem at all, I'll just follow the games' order and I'll mention in what year the books have been written. Easy peasy lemon squeezy (or something like that)! Assassin's Creed; The Secret Crusade This book was written in 2011 by Oliver Bowden. This is not the first book he's written, but the story is about Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad who is the first Assassin from the first game. Right of the bat I want to talk about the thing I find the most awesome about the books Bowden has written about Assassins Creed. His books don't just follow the stories of the games. It&

God research: 2. Hou Yi

Hey, Jess here! So I kind of let the game decide for me which god I was going to discuss next. In Smite there is a game mode that's called Assault. In this game mode you het a random god picked out for and you have to do it with that one. Though you do have the option to switch with one of your teammates, but only if they want that too. Because of this, I said to myself "whichever one you get to play with, that will be the one you'll discuss next". And so it happened... Hou Yi in the right upper corner, next to the World Tree, taking aim at the suns.   Hou Yi is from the Chinese mythology and he was a famous archer. He is mostly known from the myth of the Ten Suns. This story is one of the most famous Chinese myths and takes place in prehistoric times. Back then a week consisted of 10 days instead of 7. For every day there was a sun and a sun bearer, also called a Jun-raven, that would take place in the sky for that day. These sun bearers were the sons of

God Research: 7. Chang'e

Hey, Jess here! Quite a while ago already, I wrote about Hou Yi. In this story I mentioned the name Chang'e a few times, because she is Hou Yi's wife. Then it so happened that I were to play Chang'e in a match of Assault in Smite, so now it's time to talk about her. Just like her husband, Chang'e is from the Chinese mythology. She is a beautiful woman who now lives on the moon.  This makes her the moon goddess. But she wasn't always that. There are at least two versions of her story and some details have even more variations. Version 1 Source: https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chang%27e#/ media/File:Chang%27e_flies_to_the_moon_-_Project_ Gutenberg_eText_15250.jpg When Chang'e still was a young, but already beautiful girl, she actually carried the name Heng'e. At that time she worked in the Jade Emperor's palace which was in heaven. In this palace resided the immortals, good people and also fairies. But one day, Heng'e broke a very

Most recent books

  • "Magnus Chase; And the Hammer of Thor" -Rick Riordan
  • "A Street Cat Named Bob" -James Bowen
  • "Magnus Chase; And the Word of Summer" -Rick Riordan
  • "Sacred Stone" -Clive Cussler
  • "Assassin's Creed; Underworld' -Oliver Bowden