Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

How I started playing Skyrim

Hey, Jess here!

I should really do something about my memory, because I just can't remember if I have ever mentioned Skyrim before. If I haven't; I love Skyrim!

But for those who don't know, I'll give a short explanation of what Skyrim is. Skyrim is the fifth game of a series called the Elder Scrolls. I haven't played the first four games, so I can't say I'm a fan of the series, but I'm definitely a fan of Skyrim. Well, the game is almost as open as it can be. There is a large world which you can travel across and explore any way you want. There is a main storyline to play, but if you don't feel like it, you can delay it as much as you want. Then there are a whole bunch of other storylines to play. Maybe it doesn't say that much, but a few examples are the Dark Brotherhood storyline, the Companions storyline, and the College of Winterhold storyline. But every storyline has its side quests too. And that's not all; almost everywhere you go in Skyrim, you can either find other quests to do, places to discover and random encounters. In short, I won't be the only one to tell you that every time you play Skyrim, you will discover something new.

When it was released in 2011, two of my friends bought it and were quite hyped about it. This was in the time I didn't (and couldn't) play games myself, but I've caught a few glimpses of the game and it seemed nice. At that time I hadn't seen much of it, so to me it was just another game that seemed alright. But then at someday, I could play it myself over at my best friend's house. (Yes this is starting to sound a lot like how I started playing Assassins Creed, haha.) At first I wasn't really aware at the choices I made, I just played along and everything was fine to me (and still is). As I played, I started to like it more and more, even if I wasn't really good at it yet.

They are all looking at me messing around, haha!
So at first I followed the storyline, because back then, I had no idea how many other things there were to do. During the storyline, you come across a dragon you have to kill. Dragons are kind of THE thing, especially in the main storyline. But during that quest you have a few soldiers with you, so it's not that hard. But I do remember my first random dragon encounter quite well. I was just walking through the mountains like every good explorer would do. And then, when I reached the top BAM there is was. It was just a normal dragon, because yes; there are stronger dragons too. But I was still at quite the low level, so I thought it would be really difficult. And it was! But I refused to give up. I was determined to kill this dragon. So it took me quite a while, and my best friend started watching even though he was doing something else at that time. But I did it! Without dying, I killed my first dragon all by myself. And then I absorbed his soul... like every good Dragonborn should do.

Now that I mention it, that's another big part of the game; no matter what character you create at the beginning of the game, you are the Dragonborn. And since you're also the last one to exist, you're also the only one who can defeat the dragons for good. Because, spoiler alert, they're coming back to life. That's actually the main storyline: you find out that you're the Dragonborn and then you spend your time defeating the dragons and eventually their leader.

Anyway, I have played a lot at my best friend's place after that and I got to a very high level. I won't say I was getting good at it, but I did get better. Then at some point, I could play at that other friend's place. (Remember how I said that two of my friends got it?) My best friend was there to and I heard them talking while I was playing. And the main reason I'm telling you this, is because I'm pretty proud of it. I heard them talk about how I played so different from them. And this was actually a compliment! They thought I played a lot smarter and strategic and all. Well, I don't mean to brag, but I do. No really! But that's just how I like it. I do have to say that in any game, I care more about power than about defence, but that's just my strategy and most of the time it works.

At last I want to mention that when I got my good computer, I installed Skyrim too. Now I do prefer playing with a controller over playing on the computer and I probably always will. But I still had a lot of fun with Skyrim even if it was the third time I started a new game. So what I want to say is, Skyrim is a great game in my opinion. But don't. Kill. The. Chickens! (No really, DON'T!)


To be continued...

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

"Assassin's Creed; The Secret Crusade" Book review

Hey, Jess here! Me, a huge fan of the Assassins Creed game series, is also a hug fan of the Assassins Creed book series. What a coincidence! No, not really, haha. I can't remember when I discovered the books, but I'm definitely sure that I did. Though there is a little catch. Not all the books have been written according to the chronological order from the games. This won't be a problem at all, I'll just follow the games' order and I'll mention in what year the books have been written. Easy peasy lemon squeezy (or something like that)! Assassin's Creed; The Secret Crusade This book was written in 2011 by Oliver Bowden. This is not the first book he's written, but the story is about Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad who is the first Assassin from the first game. Right of the bat I want to talk about the thing I find the most awesome about the books Bowden has written about Assassins Creed. His books don't just follow the stories of the games. It&

God research: 2. Hou Yi

Hey, Jess here! So I kind of let the game decide for me which god I was going to discuss next. In Smite there is a game mode that's called Assault. In this game mode you het a random god picked out for and you have to do it with that one. Though you do have the option to switch with one of your teammates, but only if they want that too. Because of this, I said to myself "whichever one you get to play with, that will be the one you'll discuss next". And so it happened... Hou Yi in the right upper corner, next to the World Tree, taking aim at the suns.   Hou Yi is from the Chinese mythology and he was a famous archer. He is mostly known from the myth of the Ten Suns. This story is one of the most famous Chinese myths and takes place in prehistoric times. Back then a week consisted of 10 days instead of 7. For every day there was a sun and a sun bearer, also called a Jun-raven, that would take place in the sky for that day. These sun bearers were the sons of

God Research: 7. Chang'e

Hey, Jess here! Quite a while ago already, I wrote about Hou Yi. In this story I mentioned the name Chang'e a few times, because she is Hou Yi's wife. Then it so happened that I were to play Chang'e in a match of Assault in Smite, so now it's time to talk about her. Just like her husband, Chang'e is from the Chinese mythology. She is a beautiful woman who now lives on the moon.  This makes her the moon goddess. But she wasn't always that. There are at least two versions of her story and some details have even more variations. Version 1 Source: https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chang%27e#/ media/File:Chang%27e_flies_to_the_moon_-_Project_ Gutenberg_eText_15250.jpg When Chang'e still was a young, but already beautiful girl, she actually carried the name Heng'e. At that time she worked in the Jade Emperor's palace which was in heaven. In this palace resided the immortals, good people and also fairies. But one day, Heng'e broke a very

Most recent books

  • "Magnus Chase; And the Hammer of Thor" -Rick Riordan
  • "A Street Cat Named Bob" -James Bowen
  • "Magnus Chase; And the Word of Summer" -Rick Riordan
  • "Sacred Stone" -Clive Cussler
  • "Assassin's Creed; Underworld' -Oliver Bowden