Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

Places I'd like to go to

Hey, Jess here!

Those who really know me, know that I spent a lot of time alone. But it's not that I'm lonely (though there are exceptions), I'm just an introvert. And if you were to look up what an introvert it, or watch all those videos on Youtube about introverts, you easily find out that we like being alone. Of course we have friends and we do things with them, but our time alone is kind of precious to us.

But I'm not here to talk about being introvert. The point is that it doesn't seem like I'm someone who goes out and all. (I do have to mentioned that I have to work on exactly those evenings people usually go out or have parties.)

I haven't travelled far in my life. When I went on vacations with my family, we always went to France (which is quite common among us Dutchies) and once I went to Austria.  While we were in Austria, we went to Venice for a day and one of the times we were in France, we had a daytrip to Barcelona, Spain, to visit some old friends (who lived in the Netherlands before). A year ago I have gone to Poland and the Czech Republic. We stayed close to the border, so that's how we could spent one day in Poland and the next day in the Czech Republic if we wanted to.

Other than that, I can't remember being in another country, ever. Well, of course, to go to France we had to go through Belgium. But Belgium is either a lot like the Netherlands (the Flemish part) or a lot like France (Wallonical part). I really hope I'm using these terms correctly and that I don't offend anyone. If I did, I'm really sorry.
But even though it doesn't seem like it, I often dream about going to far off places. So I wanted to share at least a few with you. At first I thought about making a top list to show you where I want to go the most and all, but that would be a little difficult. There's one place I want to visit the most, so that would be on my number one, but all other places and so easily to place. Like, except for my number one, all the other places I want to visit equally as much. So I'll just start somewhere.

I'd like to start with the Galapagos Islands. Actually, I don't know if you can really stay there and with that I mean if there are any hotels. Though I know I can easily look it up. But to be honest, I hope there aren't any hotels there! Because when things like that are build, nature always has to suffer. So if there are no hotels, fine, I'll just visit it and that's alright. But the reason I want to go there is in fact nature. I know about a few kinds of animals that can be found there, the famous Galapagos giant tortoise for example. I would love to see these animals in their natural habitats.

Next there is China and Japan. Don't get me wrong, I know there are many differences between those two! But the most important reason I want to go to these places is the same. I want to visit all the cultural sites. As you may know, I'm very interested in history and mythology, and these two countries are full of that. I can really imagine me and my boyfriend going there and enjoying all the temples and monuments. We can have a great time in museums, so I'm sure we will be alright, haha. But of course these countries have very interesting wildlife too. So if I could go there, I would spend some time on that too. And then Japan has something else that's special to me. I know I haven't mentioned it before, but I'm a fan of anime and manga too. Not as much as other things (or other people), but do enjoy it. So if I were to go to Japan, I would most definitely want to visit Akihabara. For those who don't know; this place is famous because it's like THE place for otaku (people who kind of live for anime and manga, a.k.a. the real fans). Like I said, I'm not an otaku, but I do want to see the place for myself. I think it would be awesome.

Then there is a place that won't be too hard for me to go to, but I just haven't had a chance. (But maybe someday with my boyfriend?) The place is Scotland. Well, like all the other places, I want to see all the landscapes, see the wildlife and just, well, nature. But I have another reason for it and it's a very stupid one, so yes you are allowed to laugh. But I just absolutely love the Scottish accent! If I could ever go there, I would most probably not be able to understand a thing, but I would be very happy. I still have no exact idea why, but I just love listening to the Scottish accent. Whenever I'm watching a movie or series and there is a character with this accent, I almost immediately like them (unless they're a'holes of course!). Yeah...

Anyway! Another place that's somewhere on my list is Norway. This is another place I want to visit solely because of the wildlife. That doesn't mean I won't do anything else there, but it is the reason. Now I do have to mention I'm not the biggest fan of winter. I'm more of a spring person, because then I can wear less choking clothes, but not die of the heat (my body can't handle heat very well unfortunately). But I do want to go to Norway in the winter. Why? I want to go out there in the snow and look for lynxes. I would love to take pictures of them in the snow. And of course, coming across other animals would be great too, but the lynx is my goal.

And at last, my number one; Peru. Again, nature plays its part. There are so many things there to see, like mountains and all. And think of all the different kinds of animals! But there is one special thing that is the main reason that I want to go there. Somewhere in the mountains there is a place called Machu Picchu. Right here there are ruins from the Inca. When I was around 12 years old, I wrote an assignment about Peru, because everyone had to choose a country. I don't remember why I chose Peru, but I was glad I did. For this assignment I wrote a lot about Peru's culture and so I came across the Inca. They were discovered by the Spaniards who wanted to conquer them. But the Inca civilization died out because of European diseases that were a problem even before the Spaniards actually reached the Inca. After that, they were long forgotten and their city became ruins. To end the history lesson here, I want to mention again that this place is THE place I want to visit most. If I'm ever able to do so, I wouldn't give it a second thought and go!

So these are the places  I would love to go to one day. And the funny thing (and to me, frustrating) is that my high school history teacher has been to most of these places and I wasn't even allowed to come along. Seriously, I kept asking! And you know, his wife is even from Peru, so he's probably gone back there more often to visit her family.
Oh well, someday, maybe I can go as well.


To be continued...

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

"Assassin's Creed; The Secret Crusade" Book review

Hey, Jess here! Me, a huge fan of the Assassins Creed game series, is also a hug fan of the Assassins Creed book series. What a coincidence! No, not really, haha. I can't remember when I discovered the books, but I'm definitely sure that I did. Though there is a little catch. Not all the books have been written according to the chronological order from the games. This won't be a problem at all, I'll just follow the games' order and I'll mention in what year the books have been written. Easy peasy lemon squeezy (or something like that)! Assassin's Creed; The Secret Crusade This book was written in 2011 by Oliver Bowden. This is not the first book he's written, but the story is about Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad who is the first Assassin from the first game. Right of the bat I want to talk about the thing I find the most awesome about the books Bowden has written about Assassins Creed. His books don't just follow the stories of the games. It&

God research: 2. Hou Yi

Hey, Jess here! So I kind of let the game decide for me which god I was going to discuss next. In Smite there is a game mode that's called Assault. In this game mode you het a random god picked out for and you have to do it with that one. Though you do have the option to switch with one of your teammates, but only if they want that too. Because of this, I said to myself "whichever one you get to play with, that will be the one you'll discuss next". And so it happened... Hou Yi in the right upper corner, next to the World Tree, taking aim at the suns.   Hou Yi is from the Chinese mythology and he was a famous archer. He is mostly known from the myth of the Ten Suns. This story is one of the most famous Chinese myths and takes place in prehistoric times. Back then a week consisted of 10 days instead of 7. For every day there was a sun and a sun bearer, also called a Jun-raven, that would take place in the sky for that day. These sun bearers were the sons of

God Research: 7. Chang'e

Hey, Jess here! Quite a while ago already, I wrote about Hou Yi. In this story I mentioned the name Chang'e a few times, because she is Hou Yi's wife. Then it so happened that I were to play Chang'e in a match of Assault in Smite, so now it's time to talk about her. Just like her husband, Chang'e is from the Chinese mythology. She is a beautiful woman who now lives on the moon.  This makes her the moon goddess. But she wasn't always that. There are at least two versions of her story and some details have even more variations. Version 1 Source: https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chang%27e#/ media/File:Chang%27e_flies_to_the_moon_-_Project_ Gutenberg_eText_15250.jpg When Chang'e still was a young, but already beautiful girl, she actually carried the name Heng'e. At that time she worked in the Jade Emperor's palace which was in heaven. In this palace resided the immortals, good people and also fairies. But one day, Heng'e broke a very

Most recent books

  • "Magnus Chase; And the Hammer of Thor" -Rick Riordan
  • "A Street Cat Named Bob" -James Bowen
  • "Magnus Chase; And the Word of Summer" -Rick Riordan
  • "Sacred Stone" -Clive Cussler
  • "Assassin's Creed; Underworld' -Oliver Bowden